Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bootilicious? I Think So!

Okay, these exercises can be done by themselves and/or with equipment. The equipment that is suggested is a two pound fitness ball but for the sake of keeping my customized workout plan FREE I am going to be doing it without the ball. If you feel that you are not challenged enough there is always the option of making your own resistance ball. Why not fill a sock with rice or dried beans? Although it may not be the prettiest thing to look at, it does the trick. This means that you can leave the balls at the store and save your cash.

Exercise One
Double Leg Raise

1) Lie on your stomach with our legs together and toes pointed. Use your arms to prop your chest up off of the ground (just a little bit). If you are using a make-shift ball place it between your heels. (The picture depicts proper body position, but think of it without the giant ball)

2) Now squeeze those buns and raise your legs a few inches off of the ground as far as you can and hold for 5 seconds.That’s one rep. Time to do three more sets of ten reps.

This exercise is not only great at working out your derriere, but will also work your lower back and that infamous spare tire in your mid-region

Exercise Two
Butt Lift

1) Start on all fours (if you are using a make-shift ball put the ball behind your right knee). Keeping your right leg bent at 90 degrees, raise it to the side so your leg is parallel to the floor.

2) Lift your right leg even higher on the diagonal so it is behind you. hold it for five seconds and then lower it back to the start position. That is one rep. Do three sets of ten reps and then switch sides.

You can also do this workout without a ball, pulling your knee into your chest and then extending it straight out and up as far as you can go.

10 comments:

  1. I appreciate you posting this, because this is always one of the hardest parts of the body to target. Also it is sort of an awkward one to ask for help with, since people view it as a "vanity" muscle group, similar to biceps and pectorals for guys.

    Now I can work out my booty discreetly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really passionate for the exercise. I have a very good friend of mine who likes to work out, i will recommend him your blog. Thanks for your advices, i will try to catch one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the second exercise. It seems like an effective workout for the buttocks without using any type of equipment. Its a great suggestions for people who don't have access to equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had your motivation, I'll try an exercise once and forget it. Great suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these suggestions Liz!! I find that running tends to shape the booty a little too roundly after a lot of miles, but I will still give these exercises a try in an attempt to even it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am the world's laziest person when it comes to working out. Partly because I lack the willpower, and partly because I have no idea what I am doing or what actually works. I will definitely be using your blog when I start working out again in April! Great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  7. seeing how I don't possess a rear of any kind I might have to take up some of these exercises.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Liz amazing workout tips. I need to start motivating myself to get in summer shape.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great suggestions Liz. I wish I had the motivation to work out more often. When I do get around to exercising more, I think I'm going to try out some of your tips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog is great! You can you do one on how to work out your shoulders and back safely? please.

    ReplyDelete