Sunday, January 30, 2011

Welcome to my blog!

Welcome, here is a quick little overview of what my blog is all about!

It is quite evident that we as a society are obsessed about how we look. We are bombarded everywhere 24 hours a day with advertisements from different companies claiming that their product will better or benefit individuals more so than a competitors’ product can. This is nothing new, its just good old-fashioned capitalism. However, what I feel demonstrates this obsession best is the over-abundance of gyms, fitness videos, new exercise machines and personal trainers out there.

 It seems like there is a new celebrity trainer and fitness product out there every day. When it comes down to it they are all here for the same purpose, to help you look and feel good. However, when I sat down and really thought about it, I cannot support this ‘fad’ as I did before. The fact of the matter is that these people and the inventors of these products are attempting to capitalize off of individuals’ insecurities, and are doing a great job of it.

This is exactly what this blog is against. Every week I will be scouring resources such as websites and magazines for fun little fitness tips and exercises to build my own personalized fitness routine for FREE, in hopes that others may be inspired to save their cash for a new wardrobe and create their own DIY fitness plan.  

No comments:

Post a Comment